Your collective agreement sets out your rights and responsibilities in the workplace. If you have any questions or concerns about your rights at work, talk to your Executive at Large or a member of the executive.
There are great resources on Staff Net for members.
Things like who to contact at the district with questions such as payroll, benefits, pro d
FAQ’s regarding Pro D received by HR (May 13, 2021)
Any questions regarding pro d please email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Will employees be paid to attend District or department organized first aid Pro-D training?
Answer: Employees who are eligible to receive pay to attend Pro-D are paid as outlined in the CA. Those who are not eligible to be paid to attend Pro-D (such as casual employees) will not be paid if they attend Pro-D, regardless of it being first aid or otherwise.
Are term employees eligible for discretionary days?
Answer: Yes. If employees have questions regarding their available bank balances, they should contact Payroll@sd35.bc.ca
Is it mandatory for 1260 employees to attend Pro-D
Answer: Pro-D is a work day so it is expected that employees will make every effort to attend Pro-D or work where work is available, however Pro-D participation is not mandatory.
What options are available to 1260 employees regarding attendance on Pro-D?
Answer: District-wide, Pro-D is a work day. The primary expectation is that all continuing and term employees either participate in Pro-D or work where work is available. As with regular work days, CUPE 1260 employees may request to take the day off:
- The first option would be to request a discretionary day if the employee has one available. Per the Collective Agreement, discretionary day leave requests must be approved when available.
- If an employee does not have discretionary days available, they can request another leave, such as general leave, sick-day payout, vacation, etc. These leaves come secondary as they have approval limitations under the Collective Agreement. For example, an approval limitation may include special and unique circumstances, such as with general leave. The District does not consider a request to be absent from Pro-D a special or unique circumstance, especially when that employee is eligible for another leave such as a discretionary day.
If an employee’s first aid is not scheduled to expire this year, do they still have to attend a first aid or other pro-d this year
Answer: If an employee’s first aid is not expiring then there is no mandatory requirement for them to attend. First Aid Pro-D is arranged on multiple dates throughout the school year. Staff who do require first aid are expected to attend one of the District or department arranged first aid pro-d training events prior to their first aid expiring.
Our bylaws set out the rules for how our local democratically elects our representatives, and how it is run.
Download the CUPE 1260 Bylaws and Polices & Procedures Dec 2020
Extended medical benefits are available to all members that have a minimum 17.5 hr continuing position.
Please refer to Article 20 b Health Insurance Benefits in the Collective Agreement for more information about enrollment in this benefit plan.
For information on specific benefits:
Job postings are emailed to each member’s work email address. They are also available on the School District website, StaffNet>Staff Admin System>Job Shopping.
Hard copies of job postings shall be placed on Union 1260 Bulletin Boards as per Article 25 b Bulletin Boards.
Postings come out on Tuesday and Thursday each week that postings are available.
CUPE 1260 will budget a total of $6000.00 Per annum to offer scholarships to CUPE 1260 Members In good standing in the following way:
- A. 4 x $1000.00 scholarships for Grade 12 students who meet the following criteria:
- a child of a CUPE 1260 member (child defined as: Child, Grandchild, Step-Child, Foster-Child)
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- graduating from high school in the current year
- B. 2 x $1000.00 scholarship for a current CUPE 1260 member
- A. The Grade 12 child of a CUPE 1260 member must complete the following in order to be considered for a $1000.00 scholarship:
- completed application form submitted by April 15th (download the scholarship application for grade 12 children)
- diploma verification report
- referral letter from Administrator or Teacher
- personal letter of intention for education/training
- B. The CUPE 1260 member must complete the following in older to be considered for a $1000.00 scholarship:
- completed application form submitted by April 15th (download the scholarship application for CUPE 1260 members)
- personal letter of intention for education/training
Completed application packages should be emailed to email@example.com.
AWARD & PAYOUT CRITERIA:
The scholarship committee will receive and review the application packages.
- Those with completed application packages (that successfully meet the criteria) will be placed in the draw for the scholarship.
- The scholarship draws will be held at the May general membership meeting.
- Upon successfully graduating an official transcript of grades from the Ministry of Education must be submitted along with proof of enrolment at an education or training institution, payout will be issued when transcript, proof of enrolment, an account statement or payment receipt showing tuition, is presented, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The request for payout with required documentation listed above must be submitted to email@example.com within 2 calendar years from the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- the Grade 12 scholarships are not limited to any school districts
- any post-secondary schooling will qualify, regardless of location or type of training
- if the course is less than the full scholarship amount (eg. Only $500.00), the full amount can still be accessed upon receipt of school related expenses incurred for attending the course.
CUPE 1260 members, who are in a continuing position of 15 hours or more per week, are covered by the BC Municipal Pension Plan (MPP).
For more information about the plan, pension calculators, and forms, visit the MPP website.
There are separate lists for continuing and substitute employee’s seniority for posting purposes only.
Latest seniority lists can be found on the SD 35 Staff Net under Human Resources, Support Staff